Daniel McCool, Daniel Craig McCool, is a professor of political science at the University of Utah and director of its Environmental and Sustainability Studies Program.
- River Republic: The Fall and Rise of America’s Rivers (2012)
- Native Waters: Contemporary Indian Water Settlements and the Second Treaty Era (2002)
- Command of the Waters: Iron Triangles, Federal Water Development, and Indian Water (1987/1994).
- Native Vote: American Indians, the Voting Rights Act, and Indian Voting (2007)
- Staking Out the Terrain: Power and Performance Among Natural Resource Agencies (1996, 2d ed)
- Public Policy Theories, Models and Concepts (1995)
- Waters of Zion: The Politics of Water in Utah (1995)
- Contested Landscape: The Politics of Wilderness in Utah and the West (1999)
- The Most Fundamental Right: Contrasting Perspectives on the Voting Rights Act (2012).